HIV/AIDS Care and Integrated Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Our comprehensive treatment services incorporate the very best in evidence based approaches in today’s changing field of medicine. Both the Comprehensive Health Program downtown and the Jack Martin Fund Clinic offer referral to mental health services for the diagnosis and treatment of common psychiatric conditions and addictive disorders. Board certified psychiatrists with special expertise in both psychosomatic medicine and addiction medicine are available onsite for evaluations. Psychologists and staff mental health social workers are also available to coordinate wrap around services needed to bridge support and basic care needs for patients living with HIV/AIDS.
Addiction Treatment Services
Our multidisciplinary programs provide a range of treatment options related to the management of addictive disorders, including the following:
- Pharmacotherapy: We offer the most advanced and novel pharmacological treatments for the management of opioid (prescription “pain-killer,” heroin) and alcohol addiction, including the utility of outpatient and office-based treatment with buprenorphine/naloxone (suboxone), disulfiram (antabuse), and naltrexone. Referral to more intensive addiction treatment programs, such as detoxification, inpatient, and residential treatment is also available through our network, which includes resources at Mount Sinai Beth Israel and Mount Sinai St. Luke's.
- Psychotherapy: Our specialists provide a range of behavioral interventions and approaches, which include twelve-step facilitation, motivational enhancement therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, contingency management, and other therapies aimed at addressing both psychiatric and addictive disorders.
- Support Groups: Our programs host a growing number of support groups to meet the specialized needs of those we serve. These support groups include the following:
- Women’s Support Group
- Sexual Health Group
- Men’s HIV and Aging Group
- Young Men’s Support Group
- Newly Diagnosed Young Men’s Support Group
- Mindfulness Group
- Co-infection Support Group
Our Clinics and Programs
Our specialists provide comprehensive care at a number of New York City locations, including the following:
- Comprehensive Health Program Downtown (in Chelsea): This program offers integrated psychiatric and addiction treatment for patients with HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C.
- Jack Martin Fund Clinic (at Mount Sinai on the Upper East Side): This clinic provides psychiatric treatment for patients with HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C.
- Chemical Dependency (MICA) Inpatient Dual Diagnosis Unit (at Mount Sinai on the Upper East Side): This 20-bed unit provides intensive treatment for inpatients dually diagnosed with an addiction as well as any co-occurring psychiatric illness.
- James J. Peters VA Medical Center (Bronx, NY): This Mount Sinai academic affiliate program offers comprehensive outpatient addiction and methadone maintenance treatment for veterans who struggle with comorbid psychiatric illness and substance abuse.
Mount Sinai Comprehensive Health Program—Downtown Chelsea
275 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10001 Map
Jack Martin Fund HIV Clinic
17 East 102nd St., Room D3-248
New York, NY 10029 Map
Chemical Dependency (MICA) Inpatient Dual Diagnosis Unit
1450 Madison Avenue (Klingenstein Clinical Center), 7 North
New York, NY 10029 Map