Pain Management Information for Referring Physicians
Mount Sinai's Pain Management and Integrative Medicine practice offers a comprehensive range of specialized, state-of-the-art services for acute and chronic conditions. Our advanced treatments include both traditional and complementary therapies, and are provided by a highly-skilled team of certified pain physicians experienced in tailoring the optimal care plan for each patient.
Comprehensive Pain Management Services
In partnership with our referring physicians, our team provides the following range of diagnostic and treatment services with the goal of not only alleviating pain but addressing the underlying cause.
- Electrodiagnostic Studies: Tests including Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) are performed in the convenience of our office.
- Complementary Therapies: Complementary and alternative therapies include medical acupuncture, cupping, and gua sha.
- Interventional Pain Procedures under X-Ray Guidance: Interventional procedures include epidural steroid injections, medial branch blocks, and radiofrequency nerve ablations.
- Muscle and Joint Injections under Ultrasound Guidance: Muscle and joint injections relieve conditions ranging from neck pain to tennis elbow.
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: This minimally invasive procedure controls pain resulting from trauma or dysfunction of the peripheral nerves.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation: This state-of-the-art, fully reversible treatment alleviates chronic pain in the extremities or back without medication or major surgery.
Integrative Pain Management Program
Recognizing that pain varies from one person to the next, our Integrative Pain Management Program blends traditional procedures (such as muscle and joint injections) and complementary therapies (such as medical acupuncture) in order to design personalized treatment plans for our patients. By drawing from such diverse therapeutic options, our Program is able to offer the benefits of both fields in order to return patients to their best possible quality of life.