Who Should Seek Help?
Do you feel tired during the day? Do you wake up feeling unrested? Do you snore? Do you find it hard to get out of bed in the morning? Do you have trouble sleeping? When you wake up, do you feel irritable or stressed? Do you feel your sleep disturbance is affecting your life?
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may have a sleep disorder. Many sleep disorders are treatable. You must first see a physician certified in sleep medicine in order to evaluate the sleep problems. You should seek consultation if:
- You snore and are overweight
- You answer "yes" to any of the following questions:
- Are you sleepy in the "daytime" in spite of eight hours in bed every night?
- Do you snore loudly?
- Does someone advise you that you actually stop breathing when you sleep?
- Do you have violent behaviors during your sleep?
- Are you always very sleepy and have muscle weakness when you get emotional (laugh, cry)?
- Are you kept awake by restless legs or arms (a creeping, crawling sensation on the legs)?
- Do you remain unsatisfied with the quality of your sleep after following Useful Sleep Hints recommendations for two weeks?
- You score 9 or more on Epworth Sleepiness Test
1176 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029