About Mount Sinai Ear, Nose and Throat Services/Head and Neck Surgery
Mount Sinai’s Department of Ear, Nose and Throat/Head and Neck Surgery, ranked among the country's top 20 ENT programs by U.S. News and World Report, provides skilled and comprehensive care in the field of otolaryngology, treating disorders ranging from common allergy symptoms to rare parathyroid cancers.
Since the Department was founded in 1879, its specialists have gained national recognition for their expertise and innovation in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the ears, nose, and throat and cancers of the head, neck, and skull base. Mount Sinai was among the first hospitals in the United States to spearhead the use of minimally invasive robotic technology for ENT/head and neck malignancies and among the first to establish a head and neck center dedicated to treating patients with head and neck tumors and other diseases and injuries.
Mount Sinai is also among the few ENT programs worldwide to establish an HPV Center devoted to the research, diagnosis, treatment, and advocacy of human papillomavirus. Although many individuals associate this sexually transmitted virus with cervical cancer, it is also one of the leading causes of oral cancer among men.
Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Care
Mount Sinai’s Head and Neck Center offers state-of-the-art imaging facilities and the latest, most advanced surgical and therapeutic treatments — including minimally invasive robotic and endoscopic surgery. Our multidisciplinary approach means patients benefit from the expertise of multiple specialists in a wide range of diverse but related fields of medicine. Our clinical team consists of physicians, surgeons, scientists, physical and occupational therapists, nurses, and technicians, including facial and plastic reconstructive surgeons.
Head and Neck Surgery
Our head and neck surgeons, neurosurgeons, oncologists, and radiologists offer you the full spectrum of surgical treatments, including:
- Cancer surgery. Our cancer care spans not only surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy, but also speech and swallowing therapy, skilled nursing, nutritional support, and physical rehabilitation.
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Our facial plastic and reconstructive surgery team performs rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, face lifts, brow lifts, plastic surgery of the chin, liposuction, and facial implants.
- Nasal and sinus surgery. In many cases, our surgeons can perform minimally invasive surgery through the nostrils to remove diseased tissues and enlarge the sinus openings, allowing better drainage.
- Skull-base surgery. Our Skull-Base Surgery Center provides expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of tumors, vascular lesions, and trauma at the base of the brain.
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Wherever possible, surgeons employ minimally invasive techniques that reduce the risk of infection, minimize scarring, enhance patient comfort, and allow for faster recovery.
- Tracheal surgery. Mount Sinai’s Tracheal Surgery Program provides specialized treatment for common and rare disorders of the trachea.
In addition, our Department of Ear, Nose and Throat/Head and Neck Surgery offers innovative clinical trials while also pursuing basic science research aimed at improving early detection and intervention.
We Can Help
At the heart of our work is our abiding dedication to and respect for our patients and their families. We deliver comprehensive and compassionate care using the latest and safest therapies, with the goal of advancing and restoring our patients’ well-being.
Please call us at 212-241-9410 to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located on the Upper East Side of New York City.
Mount Sinai's ENT/Head and Neck Surgery ranks #11 nationwide, according to U.S. News & World Report. Learn More
Once this form is complete,
please e-mail it to: ENTWelcomePacket@mountsinai.org