Creating and Advancing Your Pediatric Hospital TV Channel
Join us this summer on June 13 and 14, 2013 at Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital for a two-day workshop in a state-of-the-art production studio! You will experience hands on instructional sessions culminating in the production of your own show. Go back to your setting ready to apply these concrete techniques!
All participants will leave with a greater understanding of:
- How to develop appropriate programming geared toward the unique needs of the hospitalized child
- Required hospital channel equipment and a basic operating skill set
- The therapeutic benefits of a hospital channel for patients and families
- How different production techniques can be used to target the needs of unique hospital populations
- How to use television as an expressive creative arts modality
- The importance of training and educating TV staff who are not Child Life Specialists on the developmental and psychosocial needs of patients and families
- How to use television as an expressive creative arts modality within a family centered care approach
To register or for more information, contact us, 212-241-8024.