International Neurosurgery Services at Mount Sinai
The Department of Neurosurgery at Mount Sinai is home to internationally-recognized New York neurosurgeons who are skilled in providing comprehensive evaluations and the most advanced surgical technologies for a range of neurological conditions.
“Our international patients have access to the full spectrum of highly-experienced neurosurgeons operating within an integrated system,” says Joshua Bederson, MD, Professor and Chairman of Neurosurgery. “Patients can choose from a range of focused neurosurgical evaluation and treatment plans as well as comprehensive care plans that incorporate preoperative evaluation and postoperative adjuvant treatment when appropriate.”
Our international patients receive compassionate care from our team of neurosurgeons, neurologists, nurses, and social workers. We also work in collaboration with the Tisch Cancer Institute, Friedman Brain Institute, and other Mount Sinai services such as Rehabilitation Medicine and Radiation Oncology in order to ensure that our patients benefit from the most comprehensive and dynamic care available.
Providing Advanced Neurosurgery Treatments
Our physicians offer expertise and advanced neurosurgery care in areas such as the following:
- Resection of meningiomas and skull base lesions using endoscopic and minimally-invasive techniques
- Management of pituitary and neuroendocrine disorders
- Surgical and adjuvant treatments for intrinsic brain tumors
- Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia
- Endovascular techniques for cerebrovascular disease
- Deep brain stimulation for movement disorders and other conditions
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for benign and malignant brain and spine tumors
- Minimally-invasive treatment of spine conditions, including spine tumors, cervical and lumbar disk and degenerative disease, and scoliosis
- Management and surgical treatment of intractable epilepsy
Catering to Our International Clientele
The Department of Neurosurgery strives to provide our international patients with the most convenient and comfortable experience possible by reviewing all preoperative diagnostic studies, providing an anticipated treatment plan, and supplying an estimate of the total cost of hospitalization before the patient’s arrival in New York. We can generally make arrangements for the remaining preoperative studies and coordinate additional consultations as part of the treatment plan. Our hospitality services include a concierge service, premium patient rooms, translation services, and assistance with hotel arrangements in New York.
While most of our current clientele hails from regions including Central and South America, India, Italy, and England, we welcome patients from any location seeking top neurosurgeons in the United States.
The Mount Sinai Department of Neurosurgery’s primary goal for the care of international patients is to offer specialized neurosurgical treatments administered by highly-experienced neurosurgeons in a setting that promotes comprehensive care and a rapid return home.
Tel: (212) 241 1100
Fax: (212) 241 3694
Translational Services Available
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029