Mount Sinai Doctors Senior Health
At Mount Sinai Doctors Senior Health, our primary care doctors, nurse practitioners and social workers specializing in geriatrics are here to help adults age 65 and older achieve independence and a healthier, better quality of life. We design our support services to meet the needs of you and your caregivers. When appropriate, we bring medical care and social services right to your home.
As you get older, your vision and hearing often decline, and you may have an emotional response to these physical changes. Other issues, such as the loss of a spouse, friends, or financial security can also affect you emotionally. You are probably taking one or more medications regularly and there may be side effects or interactions that disrupt your health or quality of life and we may be able to make changes to help. In addition, our geriatric health care providers can suggest simple lifestyle changes to solve or reduce problems such as:
- Memory loss and dementia
- Falling and balance problems
We spend time with your family and caregivers to develop a health care plan that will meet your needs. We can also help you access community services that can help.
We Are Here to Help
We are here to help meet all of your evolving health care needs. Our services include:
- Primary care medicine – You will receive expert geriatric medical care.
- Preventive medicine – We evaluate your health history and make recommendations for tests, vaccinations, and other ways to keep you healthy.
- Consultation services – We work with your primary care physician to provide important geriatric expertise for issues outside of your primary care physician’s expertise.
- Social workers – We can connect you with food stamps, accessible transportation, Medicaid and Medicare, and other social services.
- Palliative care – We evaluate your situation and make recommendations and referrals for palliative or hospice care.
- House Calls Program – We bring medical care right to you.
- Caregiver Support Program – We offer caregivers support such as stress reduction techniques and crisis intervention.