For Referring Physicians
When you refer one of your patients, we want you to know that we are honored to be entrusted with their care. At the Feinstein IBD Center, we believe that our referring physicians are part of our team – involved in the decision-making and creation of the treatment plan. Our collective success depends on the continuity of care and communication among all the physicians involved. We provide a host of services for our referring physicians including:
- Second Opinions: Our doctors here at the IBD Center can provide second opinions to you on everything from medical therapies, surgical referrals and transitions of care. We are a resource we hope you use frequently.
- Consultations: We are offer consultations with or without referring physicians present.
- Induction Therapy: We understand that not every physician has the resources to manage patients on biologics. We can and we are happy to oversee their care in our state-of-the-art infusion suite in the Leon and Norma Hess Center for Science and Medicine.
- Clinical Trials: Therapeutic trials in IBD are currently available to our patients and we are actively involved in the pipeline of drugs that are being developed.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): Trying to keep up with the changing standards of care and medical literature can be difficult. The IBD Center provides lectures and case conferences that you can attend as a referring physician so you can stay up to date. We have an annual IBD CME course and an annual GI Course as well as weekly IBD Rounds, GI Board Review Courses and Colorectal Surgery Courses.
In order to refer a patient, please call 212-241-8100 and welcome to the team.
Susan and Leonard Feinstein IBD Clinical Center
17 East 102nd Street
New York, NY 10029
Fax: 646- 537-8921