Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Supply & Equipment Handler
Full/Part Time: Temp
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 521 - Receiving
Requisition Number: 14-1612396
Responsible for receiving, unloading, stocking, rotating, order picking and delivery of inventoried supplies for the Medical Center. Performs related record keeping functions such as requisitioning, physical counts, adjustments, labeling, etc. No Supervisory responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receives, unloads and loads merchandise from incoming and outgoing trucks.
2. Issues inventoried supplies via automatic replenishment system (exchange carts, par level) as well as by requisition.
3. Maintains efficient and proper care of all hospital materials, handling supplies and equipment.
4. Adheres to all workload schedules.
5. Keeps accurate logs of transactions, lists and records, as required.
6. Responsible for reporting all shortages, stock-outs or unusual situations to supervisory staff.
7. Handles all warehousing related activities and duties as directed by supervisory staff.
General knowledge of arithmetic and language (oral and written) generally acquired through a high school education. Familiarity with stock work, particularly in an automated environment, preferred. Adequate physical and manual skills necessary to lift packages, use materials handling equipment, etc.; accuracy in record keeping.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.