Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Senior Biomed Technician
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 308 - Bio-Med Eng'Ring
Requisition Number: 13-1552538
Senior Biomedical Technician will properly evaluate, diagnose, perform complex repair and planned maintenance (PM) on biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluate complex customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations.
2. Follow appropriate hospital policies, procedures, protocol and complete necessary documentation as assigned.
3. Repair and maintain biomedical equipment, i.e., ventilators, defibrillators, infant incubators, pacemakers, patient monitoring, lab equipment, etc...
4. Complete complex maintenance and repairs on all biomedical equipment, to include: "first-look diagnosis", problem verification, battery/power cord replacement, circuit board replacement, coordinates vendor repair, etc
5. Perform complex component-level troubleshooting using schematics and service manuals.
6. Assist less-experienced technicians on basic and more complex repairs; share on-call and weekend responsibilities.
7. Wears pager furnished by Hospital and responds promptly to all requests initiated by the Manager/Director. Maintain daily communication with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
8. Document, as specified by management, all repair and planned maintenance actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration.
9. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
10. Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures; escalates to management as appropriate.
11. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
12. Performs other related duties as required.
High School Diploma/GED required.
Associates degree in electronic technology or mechanical principles.
7-years performing troubleshooting and planned maintenance on biomedical equipment following current standards, code and procedures in a Hospital or medical environment.
One-year military electronic experience or equivalent formal training in maintaining electronics.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.