Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Real Estate Superintendant
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 901 - 50 E 98Th St
Requisition Number: 13-1523500
Under general supervision, is responsible for providing preventive maintenance, supervising handypersons, doormen and porters and maintaining good relations with tenants in assigned buildings. Must have basic working knowledge of Building Systems and required Licenses and/or Certifications as well as the ability to perform work of building staff approximately 10% of the time. Reports to Management (i.e. contracted Property Management Agent and MSMC Residential Realty).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs preventative maintenance on boilers, burners, pumps, air conditioners, elevators, ventilation fans, surveillance units, and trash compactors. Handles minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs in assigned buildings.
2. Determines work required for specific maintenance problems relating to normal operation
of assigned buildings (i.e. plumbing leaks, minor repairs to boilers, minor plastering, etc.).
Coordinates and monitors building staff work assignments
3. Monitors overall security of the building(s) and follows Real Estate and MSH Security
procedures. Working knowledge of Fire Safety plan for buildings(s).
4. Ensures that entire assigned building(s) grounds is kept in clean and neat condition.
Supervises routine daily, weekly and periodic cleaning for move-in and move-outs (i.e.
sweeping, cleaning, mopping), garbage disposal and snow removal tasks to be performed
by handypersons and porters.
5. Advises Management and tenants of specific emergency situations and checks on a daily
basis the tenant complaint/repair logbook. Recommends contractor(s) for major
maintenance problems and suggests to immediate Supervisor remedial procedures.
Monitors and reports to immediate supervisor any disciplinary actions required for
building staff. As required, provides assistance to MS Real Estate Division Housing
Managers regarding leasing and current policies.
6. Responsible for maintaining a polite and courteous relationship with all building tenants.
Supervises and trains building staff of the same.
7. Responsible for keys and other repair/maintenance cleaning and building tools.
Maintains inventory and submits any purchase order requests to immediate
8. Must present a neat appearance and wear uniform at all times.
Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent GED Must be licensed for #6 boiler, standpipe and sprinkler systems.
Work requires at least two years of progressively more responsible experience in preventive maintenance and making proper repairs in assigned buildings.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.