Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Or Support Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 551 - Materials Management
Requisition Number: 13-1568892
The Operating Room Support Coordinator conducts materials/product procurement and replenishment for all perioperative specialty areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the shelf stock of all consumables used in the perioperative environment including commodity and implantable products.
2. Uses electronic purchasing and inventory computer systems to place orders directly with vendors.
3. Manages cycle counts, inventory balance adjustments and physical inventory count sheets through software application.
4. Reviews implant logs on a daily basis to replace low quality, high unit cost implantables as they are used.
5. Replaces inventory of frozen tissue as needed.
6. Maintains accurate item and vendor files in the purchasing system by updating all key fields such as description, manufacturer, catalog number, price and inventory bin locations.
7. Provides cross training for all preoperative specialty areas including Cardiac, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Vascular, GU/Gyn, Plastics and Ophthalmology to ensure these areas have trained staff available during periods of short staffing or position vacancies.
8. Interfaces with other support departments to ensure timely and appropriate supply and logistical services
9. Responds quickly and comprehensively to all product and device recalls mandated by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other regulatory agencies.
10. Responds to manufacturer recalls by working with Clinical Nurse Managers and Nurse Coordinators to identify alternate sources of affected products
11. Collaborates with nursing staff to appropriately identify par levels and supply locations. Recommends process changes needed to ensure effective and efficient OR supply levels.
12. Performs other related duties.
High School Diploma required. Some college preferred
1 year of general office experience; knowledge of automated purchasing/inventory system a plus
Good communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with Nursing Coordinators and Nurse Managers.
Good mathematical skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.