Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 301 - Engineering Support Serv
Requisition Number: 14-1629642
The Mechanic A evaluates, diagnoses, and performs basic repair and planned maintenance (PM) on medical facility-related systems and equipment, The Mechanic A drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence and maintains excellent customer relations through clear, concise, and continuous communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates basic customer equipment issues.
2. Works with others or alone in the troubleshooting and repair of equipment as required.
3. Performs planned maintenance (PM) as assigned, including control system calibrations.
4. Performs safety and environmental inspections as assigned.
5. Wears pager furnished by Hospital and responds promptly to all requests initiated by the Supervisor.
6. Follows appropriate hospital policies, procedures and protocols, and completes necessary documentation as assigned. Documents work in detail as specified by management to ensure that an accurate history of maintenance and repair can be maintained.
7. Ensures proper care of spares, tools and test equipment.
8. Maintains technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
9. Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures, and escalates issues to management as appropriate.
10. Meets Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
11. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.*
12. Must be able to work at heights*
13. Must be able to carry and climb a 6 foot ladder. *
14. Must be able to work independently.
15. Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma/GED required.
Associates degree in electronic technology or mechanical principles highly desirable.
*Requires a Refrigerant Reclamation License
1 year basic or mechanical refrigeration repair experience
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.