Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 551 - Materials Management
Requisition Number: 14-1620546
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of procurement of equipment and clinical supplies within the nursing units. Coordinates, maintains and orders most medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews and analyzes equipment usage and needs in order to maintain adequate equipment and supply level.
2. Orders and maintains par levels of all supplies and equipment. Works closely with medical and nursing staff to ensure that proper supplies are in appropriate units and available.
3. Arranges for the rental of medical and surgical equipment and develops a tracking system in conjunction with the Purchasing Department according to policies and procedures.
4. Participates in environmental rounds and responsible for smoke test of insulation rooms and maintenance logs for refrigerators.
5. Coordinates repairs of equipment by appropriately tagging and taking equipment to designated area.
6. Reports problematic or broken equipment to appropriate department.
7. Attends or performs in-services in the hospital as required
8. Provides coverage to other units as necessary.
9. Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment to as per the medical center's policies.
10. Performs other related duties.
Associates degree required
Minimum two years experience in material management
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.