Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 322 - Waste Management
Requisition Number: 14-1608122
SUPERVISED BY: Manager, Waste Management Department
Assure that all waste is properly disposed of creating a safe environment for patients and staff.
1. Implement safety and disposal procedures during the removal and transportation of non regulated and regulated medical waste.
2. Remove all waste from utility rooms, staging areas, and chutes.
3. Proper personal protective equipment must be worn during work hours.
4. Utilize proper trash trucks and covers when transporting waste.
5. Service elevators must be used when transporting waste. All other elevators are unauthorized.
6. Use proper lifting technique when removing waste, contact management if help needed,
7. Tie all bags of regulated medical waste with an issue tie before disposal.
8. Liner and lids must be replaced immediately after waste is removed from containers.
9. Inspect all waste for proper disposal, when foreign material is detected, make on the spot corrections, request assistance when needed, immediately inform management.
10. Trash trucks must be washed out with Sanimaster IV and water after each disposal.
11. Before replacing full Chemotheraputic inspect the container for leakage and make sure
the lid is on tight and labeled correctly.
High School diploma or GED required. Must speak, understand, read, and write English.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.