Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Food Preparer C
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 208 - Food Service Prod.
Requisition Number: 13-1529270
1. Responsible for preparation and distribution of menu items for CTS, Cafeteria and Special Functions.
2. Follows standardized recipes for all menu items
3. Follows clean as you go policy.
4. Will follow safety guidelines in operating all cooking equipment.
5. Pre-prep designated items for following day's menu requirements.
6. Responsible for all menu items being at proper temperature before leaving the kitchen or to service lines in Cafeteria and Tray line.
7. Performance of all duties of a cook's position in the Production area.
8. Any other duties as assigned by Food Service Manager.
1. Able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
2. Able to stand for long periods of time.
3. Able to endure temperature changes in work area.
4. Able to lift and push heavy equipment.
5. At least (2) years of institutional cooking experience.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.