Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Facilities Communications Technician
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 301 - Engineering Support Serv
Requisition Number: 13-1560686
The Facilities Communications Technician monitors all BMS systems and responds in a timely manner. Responds to environmental complaints by making adjustments/assigning the work to an appropriate Engineering employee. Makes local and system-wide changes as necessary. Notifies managers, foremen of life safety equipment failures. Dispatches mechanics as needed. Provides support to Administrative Assistants as required. Supervises fan, control and electronics shops and house call mechanics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive house calls and generates work orders, assign mechanics and closes out or escalates work orders.
2. Respond to pneumatic tube request and system failures alarms. Shuts down and restarts system.
3. Respond to environmental control contractors.
4. Uses variety of computer software (Windows Office, Four rivers TMS, Johnson Seaman's and Andover BMB System.
5. Performs duties of Shop Coordinator in his/her absence.
6. Generates safety rounds and schedules.
7. Provides instructions to staff personnel on how to perform functions safely and efficiently.
8. Performs other related duties.
High School Graduate with additional facility maintenance training. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state safety laws
3 years of related maintenance experience
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.