Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Temp
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 813 - Anesthesiology
Requisition Number: 13-1585872
The incumbent will be mining and visualizing data for research, quality improvement and decision support purposes. Examples of projects that an extern could work on are:
* Develop a quality control module that identifies areas of missing or
incomplete data in the data warehouse
* Create a web based "cohort query tool" that allows non-technical user
to ask basic questions such as "how many knee surgeries were done
using spinal anesthesia last year"
* Implement additional decision support rules that help reduce charting
and compliance errors (e.g., checking charted antibiotic dosing)
* Research and design a framework for integrating additional data
streams such as continuous physiologic data
Strong software engineering background with an interest in medicine
- Motivated self-starter, able to work independently
- One or more of the following skills:
- HTML, CSS, Ajax
- MySQL, SQLServer, SQL
- Perl, Python
- Familiarity with version control (SVN, Git) Extern must be an MIT student
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.