Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Technology Specialist I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 14-1648172
The Technology Specialist I acts as the principal technology expert for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of the project development cycle.
2. 2. Works closely with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
3. 3. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the systems design.
4. 4. Performs analysis and system design. May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions.
5. 5. Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications.
6. 6. Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
7. 7. Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process.
8. 8. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Master's degree preferred
Eight years of diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and applications program development technological alternatives. Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation. Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.