Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Sr Bio Imaging Scientist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 847 - Pathology
Requisition Number: 13-1581942
Highly-organized, the Senior Bio-Imaging Research Scientist to research, develop, and implement advanced bio-imaging algorithms applied to the field of Cancer Pathology. Primary responsibilities include medical imaging algorithms research and development, system design, and software development.
Proactively identify new trends and technologies for application within the company, review and evaluate the capabilities of existing systems, and possess a clear understanding of software development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works directly with scientist and research staff to efficiently and effectively use MSSM HPC clusters, to be expanded to over 10,000 cores with high bandwidth, low latency interconnects, several petabytes of data storage and databases.
2. Works with research groups to help identify, implement and improve their computational and data workflow; assists in facilitating computing and data infrastructure solutions specific to MSSM researchers.
3. Participates in the research and deployment of new technologies such as GPU's, Hadoop and cloud computing.
4. Instruments, tunes and helps optimize researchers' codes for maximum performance.
5. Troubleshoots, isolates and resolves applications and other technical issues.
6. Benchmarks application codes, develops regression tests and deploys application performance tools.
7. Installs and manages numerical libraries and application performance tools.
8. Develops and implements backup policies.
9. Participates in the integration of HPC resources with laboratory equipment such as sequencers, etc.
10. Works with scientists and researchers to effectively use complementary national resources including XSEDE.
11. Helps define and deploy a comprehensive computational and data vision for MSSM researchers.
12. Writes, publishes and presents papers at national and international conferences.
13. Assists in developing and writing proposals. Creates and provides clear documentation on all items.
14. Performs other related duties.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.