Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Shop Coordinator I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 309 - Engineering -Local 3
Requisition Number: 14-1629658
The Shop Coordinator is accountable for planning and coordinating all of the daily activities
required to maintain the electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration and structural trade systems of The Mount Sinai Hospital / The Mount Sinai School of Medicine's facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, coordinates and schedules the activities of skilled trades staff in the maintenance and repair of Mount Sinai Medical Center buildings and equipment.
2. Monitors work orders to completion of projects to ensure that labor, supplies and materials are charged to appropriate work orders.
3. Provides direction to staff in the proper methods to use in the performance of their duties to ensure the safety of patients, staff and visitors.
4. Conducts inspections of work sites to ensure that the work conforms and complies with the job specifications. Receives and investigates calls for major emergency repairs.
5. Interviews, tests applicants and recommends hiring; conducts performance appraisals, disciplines, trains and orients staff. Completes payroll timesheets and maintains an accurate record of attendance.
6. Recommends and implements policies and procedures for assigned area.
7. Estimates equipment parts and materials needed to complete assigned work.
8. Maintains communication with vendors, contractors and Mount Sinai Medical Center's departmental personnel to coordinate activities and information regarding the repair, alteration and maintenance of equipment, machinery, systems and buildings.
9. Performs other related duties.
High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years of specialized training in the building trades
5 years experience in the skilled trades including 1 year in a supervisory role.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.