Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
RESEARCH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Branford (Connecticut)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 14-0000071
Job Located in Branford, CT
Interview by appointment only -- June 27, 2014
SUMMARY: Mount Sinai is seeking a motivated Manager to join our CT sequencing team in a high complexity laboratory testing facility. With minimal supervision, the Sequencing Manager will oversee a team of Associate Researchers as they construct NGS libraries and operate a fleet of sequencers using automated methods. The Sequencing Manager will also draft SOPs, contribute to and execute assay validation test plans, drive technology development, and set the production schedule in a CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee and contribute to generation of large, multiplexed pools of amplicons and
libraries from isolated gDNA using automated methods in a diagnostic laboratory
* Ensure accurate and timely entry of sample information into Laboratory Information
Management System (LIMS).
* Oversee and develop library construction and Next Generation Sequencing protocols
using automated methods and perform Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
* Using established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), oversee library handling,
tracking, and storage.
* Use a keen attention to detail to maintain sample integrity and identification throughout
* Strict adherence to local, regulatory, and quality management guidelines to ensure full
* Help guide technology transfer from MSSM R&D into production environment.
* Train new hires.
Additional Position Requirement and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in life science-related discipline.
* Experience in safe handling and disposal of potentially infectious clinical specimens in a biological safety level laboratory environment.
* 5+ years experience with standard molecular techniques:
PCR, qPCR, electrophoretic methods, DNA quantification, purification, and pooling methods, enzymatic manipulations, and primer design.
Preference will be given to those applicants with previous NGS library experience.
Experience with operating and programming liquid handling systems is preferred.
* 2+ years experience operating NGS systems. Experience with multiple platforms is a
* Experience with developing and/or performing high complexity lab-developed tests
(LDTs) is a plus.
* Experience in a CLIA/CAP-accredited facility is preferred.
* Use of personal protective equipment.
* Stand or sit for extended periods of time, potentially performing repetitive motion.
* Work with potentially toxic, flammable, and corrosive chemicals, in addition to biologic
* Able to lift 30lbs.
* May be asked to work weekend, irregular, or overtime hours.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.