Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Research Assistant III
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 031 - Hematology/Oncology
Requisition Number: 13-1578572
Under direct supervision, performs experiments and procedures as assigned; provides support services for research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), assists with simple to moderately complex experiments using standard techniques in area of specialty assigned; maintains data/results of all experiments.
2. May prepare specimens and/or mix chemicals and other solutions and set up lab experiments.
3. May mentor and/or train less experienced staff.
4. May assign work to less experienced staff as required.
5. Maintains inventory of all research supplies; prepares purchase orders for reagents and supplies.
6. Performs routine maintenance of equipment.
7. Washes and sterilizes glassware
8. Performs other related duties.
Associates Degree in science (or related field) or HS/GED plus two years of related experience.
Two years in research environment
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.