Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 859 - Psychiatry
Requisition Number: PD14-1624222
The Pediatric Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program (P-MAP) under the direction of Vilma Gabbay, M.D., M.S., is a unique program in the greater New York metropolitan area dedicated exclusively to the study and treatment of adolescent mood and anxiety disorders. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow. She/he will primarily assist in managing our research projects which utilize innovative neuroimaging, immunological, and clinical trial methodologies. Additionally, she/he will analyze the functional magnetic resonance imaging data for all studies, write manuscripts, and assist the PI in grant applications. This position takes direction from the PI, Vilma Gabbay. If interested, please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
* Writing manuscripts and grant applications
* Managing and analyzing all fMRI data
* Presenting findings at national conferences and local seminars/meetings
* Managing Research Assistants
* Minimum requirements are a PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology or Radiology
* Strong background in biology or neuroscience
* Extensive prior clinical experience and/or experience conducting neuroimaging, specifically fMRI studies
* Should be familiar with software to analyze neuroimaging data (SPM, AFNI, FSL, etc.) and statistics (SPSS, SAS, etc.). Experience with matlab is also desirable.
* Research theory training/experience (through previous research lab experience)
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Organized, resourceful, and detailed-oriented
* Strong multi-tasking, project and time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
* Familiarity with the NIH (or other sponsor) grant submission process to assist PI in submission of grants
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.