Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 859 - Psychiatry
Requisition Number: PD14-1624218
The Pediatric Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program (P-MAP) under the direction of Vilma Gabbay, M.D., M.S., is a unique program in the greater New York metropolitan area dedicated exclusively to the study and treatment of adolescent mood and anxiety disorders. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow. She/he will primarily assist in managing our research projects which utilize innovative neuroimaging, immunological, and clinical trial methodologies. Additionally, she/he will analyze proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy data, write manuscripts, and assist the PI in grant applications. This position takes direction from the PI, Vilma Gabbay. If interested, please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Writing manuscripts and grant applications
* Managing and analyzing MRS data
* Presenting findings at national conferences and local seminars/meetings
* Managing Research Assistants
* Minimum requirements are a PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology, or Radiology
* Strong background in biology or neuroscience
* Extensive prior clinical experience and/or experience conducting neuroimaging, specifically H MRS studies
* Should be familiar with software to analyze H MRS data (Gannet or a similar package) and statistics (SPSS, SAS, etc.). Experience with matlab is also desirable.
* Microsoft Office - Advanced.
* Research theory training/experience (through previous research lab experience)
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Organized, resourceful, and detailed-oriented
* Strong multi-tasking, project and time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
* Familiarity with the NIH (or other sponsor) grant submission process to assist PI in submission of grants
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.