Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Department: 829 - Dermatology
Requisition Number: 14-1650772
The MOHS Technician assists in the process of tissue removal and microscopic examination of skin cancer cells. Also, the MOHS Technician performs extensive administrative duties involving medical record keeping, developing laboratory protocols and following federal and state guidelines. She/he may assist the surgeon in all stages of surgery when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The MOHS Technician is responsible for providing skilled surgical and medical support to the MOHS surgeon with the patients' care, comfort, safety, and confidentiality as primary concerns.
2. Prepare patients' charts, forms, instruments, and other equipment as needed for surgery and patient care.
3. Perform routine housekeeping duties and sterile technique. Keep rooms stocked with supplies and linens.
4. Room patients, take detailed patient history, and have patient properly draped for the exam.
5. Prepare set-up for surgical removal and assist surgeon.
6. Performs other related duties.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant, Surgical Technician, or LPN program
Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients
Effective interpersonal and communications skills required
Excellent telephone etiquette
Proficient in of medical terminology and HIPAA guidelines.
Knowledge of electronic medical records and/or billing systems preferred, but not required.
Must be able to adapt to a growing and changing environment
Minimum 2 years of experience in a surgical-based practice
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.