Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Machine Learning And Biostatistics Scientist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 847 - Pathology
Requisition Number: 13-1581798
Advanced machine learning platform receives data defining a patient's disease profile from a variety of domains, including clinical information (i.e., race, age), bio-molecular marker expression, and image analysis of the patient's tissue. The department interacts with doctors, biologists, and other mathematical/technical experts to analyze and integrate diverse information domains and build models of cancer growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Developing novel algorithms and approaches and/or adapting/improving existing technologies for survival analysis and prognostic predictions
2. Developing feature selection procedures to distill through large datasets in order to identify crucial pieces of information, including gene expression and biomarker data
3. Addressing challenges of missing data and small cohorts that necessitate novel approaches
4. Analyzing and resolving institutional variances in datasets
5. Coordinating with renowned worldwide research institutions to design studies and analyses
6. Performs other related duties.
*Background in regression modeling, feature discovery/selection, optimization, dataset manipulation, exploratory data analysis, datamining, pattern recognition.
*Experience with support vector machines
*Advanced degree in computer science/bioinformatics/statistics/related quantitative fields
*Experience in biological data analysis/bioinformatics.
*Experience in survival analysis, Cox proportional hazard modeling
*Familiarity with Matlab and/or SAS
*Atleast 3 years post-graduate degree industrial or academic research experience
*Experience in Software Engineering: design, documentation, etc.
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills with respect to technical and non-technical audiences
*Ability to positively interact and engage as a team member within a collaborative environment
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.