Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Laboratory Quality Assurance Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Branford (Connecticut)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 14-1655374
This Position is Located in New Haven, CT
The Mount Sinai Genetics Testing Lab located in Branford, Connecticut is a high throughput clinical sequencing facility slated to open in October 2014. As an extension of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, we will utilize state of the art technologies to generate sequence data from clinical samples. These data will be utilized to construct precise biological models that will be used to better diagnose and treat disease.
SUMMARY: The Laboratory Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the oversight of the clinical laboratory QA program, proficiency testing, continuing education, occurrence reporting and inspection/accreditation. Initially, duties will include assisting in the set up of the Quality Management system at Mount Sinai Connecticut.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinate yearly proficiency testing for CLIA and CAP for all required personnel. Distribute, review and file all surveys. Review surveys with appropriate management personnel.
* Plan for and schedule required continuing education. Subscribe to teleconference or on-line conferences as available. Coordinate OSHA in-service. Work with appropriate management personnel to ensure compliance.
* Support efforts for inspection and accreditation. Review and update policy and procedure manuals as needed. Review and sign policy and procedure manuals yearly. Schedule CAP self inspections with laboratory. Perform unannounced spot inspections to ensure compliance. Complete applications for required regulatory inspections. Lead efforts for Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement. Follow up on all Occurrence Reports for the laboratory. Lead quarterly management meeting to review all key performance indicators and to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the quality management system.
* Establish and lead standardized programs for equipment calibration and document retention as per Mount Sinai School of Medicine policies.
* Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
* CLIA/CAP experience required.
* Familiarity with Next Generation Sequencing platforms and workflows preferred.
* Able to work independently and within teams
* BS in Medical Technology or related field.
* 3-5 years laboratory experience preferred.
* 3 years of supervisory and/or management experience.
* Lift and turn, up to 30 pounds.
* Perform repetitive motion and operate a computer keyboard.
* Work in groups or alone and/or in a close or cubical environment.
* Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
* Effectively speak, read, write and understand English and follow spoken and written instructions.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.