Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Laboratory Information Systems Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Branford (Connecticut)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 14-1655390
This Position is Located in Branford, CT
The Mount Sinai Genetics Testing Lab located in Branford, Connecticut is a high throughput clinical sequencing facility slated to open in October 2014. As an extension of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, we will utilize state of the art technologies to generate sequence data from clinical samples. These data will be utilized to construct precise biological models that will be used to better diagnose and treat disease.
SUMMARY: Mount Sinai is seeking a motivated LIMS Administrator to oversee development, validation, and administration of a laboratory information management system (LIMS) in a high complexity laboratory testing facility. With minimal supervision, the Administrator will be expected to interface with users and vendors, troubleshoot and maintain system configurations, and incorporate new workflows in a fast-paced team environment. The Administrator will support a CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory employing DNA sequencing technologies..
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Train new LIMS users and maintain user account information.
* Administer and maintain LIMS in high throughput Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) laboratory environment.
* Work closely with laboratory automation and IT personnel to implement, test, and
monitor new workflows.
* Work with Quality Assurance staff to ensure a controlled LIMS environment, adhering
to change control and reporting standards.
Additional Position Requirement and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in life science-related discipline.
* 2+ years' LIMS administration experience.
* Considerable relational database expertise and first-hand experience.
* Software validation experience and working knowledge of software test plan design
and execution are required.
* Experience with liquid handlers, lab automation, and NGS instrumentation is
* Experience in a CLIA/CAP facility preferred.
* Use personal protective equipment.
* Stand or sit for extended periods of time, potentially performing repetitive motion.
* May come into contact with potentially toxic, flammable, and corrosive chemicals, in
addition to biologic agents.
* May be asked to work weekend, irregular, or overtime hours.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.