Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Laboratory Coordinator III
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 13-1551528
Examines, interprets and performs technical laboratory testing by following established laboratory protocols to facilitate patient care and physician diagnosis in accordance with laboratory as well as CAP, OSHA, CLIA, JCAHO and HIPAA regulatory policies. May function in the role of laboratory supervisor as required, which includes ordering of supplies, equipment maintenance and compliance of documentation
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Performs technical laboratory testing following all applicable regulatory policies.
2. 2. Supervises technical staff in the absence of a Lab Supervisor.
3. 3. Interprets and reports assigned analytical tests, including high complexity tests on biological specimens, in a timely, efficient and accurate manner in compliance with documented laboratory procedures.
4. 4. Determines acceptability of specimens by performing visual inspections or by recognizing abnormal/unusual results. Documents unacceptable specimens according to appropriate policy. Communicates specimen requirements to appropriate personnel.
5. 5. Maintains Quality Assurance policies and procedures to ensure validity of results. Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to predetermined protocols. Performs quality control for all testing and meets established ranges before patient results are released.
6. 6. Maintains a safe and efficient working environment by performing equipment checks, cleaning work area, and monitoring temperatures in accordance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies. Recognizes and troubleshoots malfunctions of advanced technological equipment and initiates corrective action. Manages setup, operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
7. 7. Enters test results into the Laboratory Information System in order for standardized report to be generated for physician review and interpretation.
8. 8. Ensures uninterrupted inventory of testing supplies; orders reagents via purchase order.
9. 9. Attends quality control and safety meetings to keep informed of current lab and hospital safety policies.
10. 10. Performs other related duties.
2 years of experience required
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
1. Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.