Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Laboratory Coordinator II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Branford (Connecticut)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 14-1655392
This position is located in Branford, CT
The Mount Sinai Genetics Testing Lab located in Branford, Connecticut is a high throughput clinical sequencing facility slated to open in October 2014. As an extension of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, we will utilize state of the art technologies to generate sequence data from clinical samples. These data will be utilized to construct precise biological models that will be used to better diagnose and treat disease.
The Laboratory Coordinator II performs basic, routine and advanced diagnostic procedures for the isolation and identification of microbial pathogens from clinical specimens for departments within certified labs in the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Performs and reports assigned analytical tests, including high complexity tests on biological specimens, in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner in compliance with documented laboratory procedures.
2. 2. Determines acceptability of specimens by performing visual inspections or by recognizing abnormal/unusual results. Documents unacceptable specimens according to appropriate policy. Communicates specimen requirements to appropriate personnel.
3. 3. Maintains QA policies and procedures to ensure validity of results. Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to predetermined protocols. Performs quality control for all testing and meets established ranges before patient results are released.
4. 4. Enters test results into the Laboratory Information System for standardized report to be generated for physicians review and interpretation.
5. 5. Informs appropriate personnel of department supply needs ensuring uninterrupted testing.
6. 6. Performs other related duties as assigned to expedite the testing process and support the achievement of department goals and objective.
Within approved areas & working under supervision of the Lab. Supervisor - employee(s) have 1 (one) year to obtain their NYS Clinical Lab. Technologist or Limited license.
No experience required
Good written and oral communication skills
Very good attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.