Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Grants & Contracts Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 13-1606960
Oversees all the components of the grants cycle including pre-award budget development, post-award monitoring, program sub-contract management, and grant closeout procedures for the assigned department. Responsible for providing technical assistance and guidance in the preparation, submission, processing, and management of research grants, contract proposals, awards, and agreements for researchers within the institution/department. Also, assures that the administration of sponsored programs related to research is in compliance with federal, state and private agency rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides assistance and guidance in the preparation of budgets, GCO/IRB paperwork, application forms, no costs extensions and subcontracts.
2. Maintains a library of bio-sketches, other support, and training records for grant proposals.
3. Reviews grants and contracts proposals and expenditures prior to submissions for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
4. Acts as a liaison with departmental administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (federal, state, local and non-profit organizations) to endorse any edits to the proposals prior to institutional endorsement.
5. Ensures that grants and contracts applications are submitted and routed to the appropriate committee (Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Institutional Review Board, Bio-Safety Officer and Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Committee).
6. Analyzes monthly grant activity, monitors grant spending reports and expenditures posted to assigned grant projects and serves as a liaison to GCO office, sponsored projects and other collaborating departments to ensure that grants are properly managed.
7. Provides information to Sponsored Programs Accounting for fund activation.
8. Reviews and provides supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on grant applications.
9. Maintains computer documentation and appropriate files for proposal submissions, awards, and research expenditures.
10. Acts as a liaison with the Institutional Bio-Safety Officer, Biomedical Research Alliance of New York and Committee on Special Awards and Fellowships.
11. May create and distribute funding opportunities packets, calendars and special alerts.
12. Performs other related duties.
Microsoft Word and Excel- Intermediate, Info-Ed, NIH website
Internet applications- Advanced
5 years of progressive experience in grants & contracts management
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Knowledge of grants, contracts, and applications and familiarity with electronic research administration requirements from a variety of sponsoring agencies such as federal, state, local, etc.
Must have a flexible work schedule (especially around time of grant deadlines) and must be very self motivated.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.