Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Clinical Research Program Director
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 094 - Critical Care Institute
Requisition Number: 14-1621334
The Clinical Research Program Director exercises direction of the Clinical Research Program, encompassing operational, clinical, staffing and budgetary areas. Responsible for all clinical research programs in progress or under consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
1. All operational, clinical, staffing and budgetary aspects of the program's management, with the development and implementation of sound policies and procedures to ensure compliant practice.
2. Hires, orients, trains and counsels research staff, conducting the annual performance appraisal process. Coordinates staff to projects as appropriate based on clinical competency and patient needs.
3. Formulates annual budget for operation of the program with monthly monitoring of variances. Practices prudent fiscal management.
4. Collaborates with all members of the health care team in research program development, consultation and planning and delivery.
5. Develops and implements ongoing quality improvement monitoring initiatives.
6. Interacts with IRB to support ethical research procedures, regulatory compliance and good clinical practice.
7. Serves on appropriate committees as necessary or assigned by senior management.
8. Assists the Principal Investigator (P.I.) in preparing and negotiating clinical trials care delivery, patient eligibility, budgets, adequate staffing and all related HR activity.
9. Develops and maintains systems which support efficient and effective functioning of clinical research operations.
10. Other relevant duties as assigned.
(HS/GED; specialized training; degree and discipline)
Bachelor's required. Masters or doctoral degree in health sciences preferred.
Minimum Related Experience
(e.g. 1 year in research environment)
7 years minimum in a hospital/medical environment, preferably in clinical research.
1 year minimum in a supervisory
Minimum Licensing Requirements
(provide name and agency)
Minimum Certification Requirements
(provide name and agency)
None; Certified Clinical Research Coordinator is preferred but not required.
Minimum Computer Skills
(provide program and skill level, e.g. MS Word - Basic) (skill levels are Basic, Intermediate, Advanced)
Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) - intermediate proficiency
(e.g. Excellent written and oral communication)
Superior administrative, time management and organization skills.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.