Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Clinical Research Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 821 - Cardiology
Requisition Number: 14-1613094
The Clinical Research Manager has oversight of the research projects within a department or division. Assists the Principal Investigator (P.I.) in preparing and negotiating clinical trials care delivery, patient eligibility, budgets, adequate staffing and all related HR activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, implements and evaluates standards of care of professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agencies requirements.
2. Coordinates care delivery and the assignment of staff based upon identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal unit operations.
3. Collaborates with members of the health care team in program development, consultation, and the planning and delivery of optimal unit operations.
4. Facilitates timely and responsive communication and proactive responsible decision making.
5. Assures availability of human and material resources for safe, competent and effective patient delivery.
6. Develops and implements ongoing quality improvement activities. Ensures safe, efficient and quality patient care by following the medical center's policies and protocols
7. Identifies, responds to and investigates potential and actual risk management issues.
8. Manages human resources, includes of recruitment, hiring, evaluating, retention, discipline and termination.
9. Promotes positive consumer interactions and uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
10. Develops and maintains systems which support efficient and effective functioning of designated clinical areas.
11. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree in sciences or related
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice
Experience in managing and financial management
Ability to motivate, develop and coach individuals
5 years experience in a hospital/medical environment
1 year supervisory
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.