Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Clinical Research Coordinator, Part-time
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 040 - General Internal Medicine
Requisition Number: 13-1579946
The Clinical Research Coordinator, Part-time performs all the regular duties of a Clinical Research Coordinator, but due to abbreviated hours doesn't qualify for exemption. This is an hourly position which is eligible for overtime only intended to be used for part-time employees. The Clinical Research Coordinator assists in the daily activities of clinical research studies, obtains informed consent; collects, maintains and organizes study information. Assists in preparing grant applications and documents (for e.g., Institutional Review Board, Grants and Contracts Office).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into database.
2. Obtains informed consent under minimal supervision of the investigator(s) and educates participants regarding study requirements.
3. Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires.
4. Assists in preparing grant applications, IRB/GCO for submission and filings
5. Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures. Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
6. Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
7. Prepares for monitoring visits.
8. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's in Science or closely related field or equivalent experience
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.