Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 821 - Cardiology
Requisition Number: 13-1604160
Under general supervision, analyzes and interprets highly complex clinical research data; conducts clinical testing and develops protocols. Develops work flow policies and procedures. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced clinical research staff. Oversees the clinical assessments of the study subjects. Assists with protocol submissions, database enhancements, and budget preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyzes highly complex data gathered on clinical research studies.
2. Interprets complex clinical research data.
3. Conducts clinical testing, develops protocols and assures all protocol procedures are approved.
4. Prepares reports for presentation in conferences and seminars.
5. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced clinical research staff.
6. Develops work flow policies and procedures, prepares manuals and documents related to operations of the function.
7. Oversees the clinical assessments of the study subjects including but not limited to screening, evaluation and testing of the subjects.
8. Oversees data collection, processing, storage, inventory and quality control for clinical research studies.
9. Assists in budget preparation and negotiation.
10. May prepare and ensure grant applications, IRB / GCO documents are submitted.
11. Coordinates protocols and human subject approvals between various sites.
12. Assists the Principal Investigator and regulatory staff in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing clinical trials.
13. May obtain informed consent under general supervision of the Investigator(s) and educate participants regarding study requirements
14. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree in sciences or related field. Master's degree preferred
5 years of clinical research Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities
Demonstrated leadership potential
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.