Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Clinical Research Coord, Licensed Part-time
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Department: 040 - General Internal Medicine
Requisition Number: NR14-1667842
The Clinical Research Coordinator, Licensed, Part-time performs all the regular duties of a Licensed Clinical Research Coordinator, but due to abbreviated hours doesn't qualify for exemption. This is an hourly position which is eligible for overtime only intended to be used for part-time employees.
Under general supervision, analyzes and interprets highly complex clinical research data; conducts clinical testing and develops protocols. Develops work flow policies and procedures. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced clinical research staff. Oversees the clinical assessments of the study subjects. Assists with protocol submissions, database enhancements, and budget preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Analyzes highly complex data gathered on clinical research studies.
2. 2. Interprets complex clinical research data.
3. 3. Conducts clinical testing, develops protocols and assures all protocol procedures are approved.
4. 4. Prepares reports for presentation in conferences and seminars.
5. 5. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced clinical research staff.
6. 6. Develops work flow policies and procedures, prepares manuals and documents related to operations of the function.
7. 7. Oversees the clinical assessments of the study subjects including but not limited to screening, evaluation and testing of the subjects.
8. 8. Perform venipuncture, vaccination, and other study related procedures.
9. 9. Set up IV's, administer medication, IM injections; perform phlebotomy.
10. 10. Order test and interpret laboratory results.
11. 11. Oversees data collection, processing, storage, inventory and quality control for clinical research studies.
12. 12. Assists in budget preparation and negotiation. May assist in grants preparation.
13. 13. Coordinates protocols and human subject approvals between various sites.
14. 14. Assists the Principal Investigator and regulatory staff in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing clinical trials.
15. 15. May obtain informed consent under general supervision of the Investigator(s) and educate participants regarding study requirements
Bachelor's degree in health related field. Master's degree preferred.
5 years of clinical research
Current Registration in New York State as RN, NP or PA.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.