Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 821 - Cardiology
Requisition Number: 13-1592510
The Clinical Research Assistant I assists in the daily activities of clinical research studies, collects, maintains and organizes study information. Assists in preparing grant applications and documents (for e.g., Institutional Review Board, Grants and Contracts Office).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires.
2. Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into database.
3. Assists in preparing grant applications, IRB/GCO for submission and filings.
4. Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures. Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
5. Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
6. Assists in the preparation for monitoring visits.
7. Performs other related duties.
Associates Degree in Science or closely related field preferred or HS/GED plus two years of related experience
1 year in research environment preferred
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.