Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Biomedical Software Developer
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 14-1617522
The Biomedical Software Developer participates in full life cycle application development; designs and support complex scientific software development and deployment for basic and clinical research studies. The Biomedical Software Developer interacts with researchers and provides technical expertise and develops successful solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1) Take ownership as lead developer of shared Institute informatics software packages such as co-expression analysis, causality inference testing, etc. Work with Institute researchers to make usability, performance and algorithmic improvements to these applications, and then to apply these tools to datasets of interest.
3. 3) Work with Institute researchers and Institutional collaborators to mine the Mt. SInai Data Warehouse/Electronic Medical Record system for novel clinical insight. This will include developed and applying machine learning algorithms and other data mining techniques to these data sources.
4. 4) Contribute to a professional software engineering culture including participating code reviews, mentoring junior developers and other activities that help improve the Institute's software engineering capabilities.
5. 5) As appropriate write and or contribute to scientific publications and when needed, contribute to grants applications.
6. 6) Performs other duties as required.
Senior computer scientists with M.S. or equivalent in CS, Electrical Engineering or related field
5 years of experience developing, architecting and managing the development of numerical software in C/C++ and or Java. Should have strong record of successfully developing and shipping complex software packages.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.