Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 13-1604206
The Bioinformatician II will work with a group of researchers/biologists from the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, on innovative genomic analyses of structural variation, epigenetics, and gene expression in an integrated environment combining experimental and bioinformatic approaches to human disease. This is a key role for a bioinformatics analyst who will lead a variety of projects and gain exposure to many productive areas of research. The individual will develop/support multiple research projects by delivering bioinformatics services for bio-medical data from cutting-edge genomic technologies
The ideal candidate will have strong statistical and biological programming proficiencies with proven expertise in genomic analysis and advanced knowledge of analytical methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and lead a variety of bioinformatics analysis projects.
2. Write custom scripts for analysis of genomic data derived from high-throughput techniques.
3. Manage databases, conduct statistical and genomic analysis, and participate in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
4. Collaborate with wet-bench biologists and work independently to analyze data derived from several types of projects using microarrays and high-throughput sequencing.
5. Conducts analysis of microarray and high-throughput sequencing data, genome sequence analysis, experimental design and statistical analysis.
6. Performs quality control and analysis.
7. Other related duties as assigned.
M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline. PhD. in related field preferred.
4 years of experience in research environment, including 2 years, manipulating large biological datasets.
Advanced knowledge of genetics and/or statistics analysis software and online resources. Experience in programming environments such as Matlab, R statistical package, BioConductor, Perl and C++.
Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Experience analyzing high-throughput genomic datasets.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.