Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Associate Researcher II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 031 - Hematology/Oncology
Requisition Number: 13-1590308
Performs a variety of independent activities involved in data retrieval, data cleaning, standardization, coding and descriptive statistical analysis; organizing and conducting assigned portion(s) of a federally funded research project. Participates in the coordination of sharing information, lending assistance, and solving problems with other team members, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data and samples identification
- Collaborates with investigator and other team members in identifying data from existing data base, mail letters and informed consents to patients who accepted to be in the research study, collect returned completed questionnaires.
- code and enter data in electronic data base, perform quality control of data
- keep close contact with Pathology, to identify and retrieve tissue samples.
- Responsible for compilation/writing of integrated reports and preparation of presentations.
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Descriptive statistical data analysis of research data, interpretation of results, and preparation of manuscripts or reports. Prepares reports and presentations for print and web-based posting.
- Organizes meetings with key stakeholders regarding dissemination of study findings and materials.
- Monitors and updates study materials and web page as necessary.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor's Degree in sciences or related field.
2 years in a research environment or 1 year plus Master's Degree in sciences or related field.
Familiarity with statistical analysis, preferred.
Works effectively as part of a team with good interpersonal skills.
Able to take initiative and work interdependently, meet deadlines with a sense of urgency, multitask, adjust to shifting priorities, communicate effectively, and work under defined rules and regulations.
Detail-oriented. Uses good judgment. Possesses perseverance and persistence.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.