Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 13-1575096
The Accessioning Specialist deals with accessioning problems and troubleshoots problem specimens. Supervises office activities in the absence of the Supervisor to achieve optimum utilization of equipment and employees. Assists the supervisor with daily operations of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise staff on the nights, weekends and holidays.
2. Troubleshoot all problem specimens (e.g no DOB, no requesting physician etc)
3. Cancel tests, and enter comments. Alert physicians and clients of problems.
4. Correct accessioning errors, clarify tests and add on tests as requested.
5. Covers for client services on nights, weekends and holidays.
6. Oversees the specimen tracking and distribution of specimens from the pneumatic tubing system. Distribute specimen to registrars.
7. Collect and store extra specimens, monitor and discard problems specimens. Print and distribute special lab reports.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Three -Five years Laboratory experience.
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Knowledge of laboratory computer systems
Ability to multitask and work in a high pressure environment.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.