Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Unit Dose Technician
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 184 - Pharmacy
Requisition Number: 13-1583072
The Unit Dose Technician provides general assistance to pharmacists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Fills medication orders accurately
2. Retrieves and delivers medication in a timely fashion
3. Maintains adequate stock levels in the pharmacy and does not over-stock
4. Prepares/ checks Urgent Use Stock orders for patient care areas accurately and does not over-stock.
5. Reviews medication areas for expired drugs in a timely fashion
6. Maintains medication refrigerator temperature logs in pharmacy areas and nursing units (as assigned)
7. Determines the intravenous antibiotic needs of each of the satellite units at the beginning of the shift.
8. Prepares Laminar Flow Hood for usage
9. Operates the Baxa pump.
10. Reconstitutes antibiotic piggyback bottles with the proper diluents using aseptic technique.
11. Defrosts frozen antibiotic intravenous mini-bags.
12. Prepares antibiotic concentrate and aseptically adds to diluents mini-bags.
13. Rotates all antibiotic products to maintain the maximum expiration and properly disposes of all expired products.
14. Fills orders for satellites not involved with centralized IV program.
15. Maintains the area in a neat and hygienic manner.
16. Properly disposes of all intravenous needles and tubing and equipment.
17. Assists in maintaining all required records
18. Provides general assistance to the pharmacist.
19. Maintains inventory of all needed intravenous supplies.
20. Prepares all pre-manufactured I.V.'s with patient label to be checked by pharmacist.
21. Delivery of patient IV's to nursing units.
22. Performs all related duties as required.
High School diploma or GED. Graduate of a pharmacy technician training program, OR an advanced degree, i.e. a Pharmacy Degree from another country.
2 years relevant experience as a hospital pharmacy technician preferred: IV experience preferred
Good communication skills
Personable and ability to deal with several tasks at the same time.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) from the PTCB Parmacy Technician Certification Board preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.