Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Senior Physical Therapist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 350 - Rehab Therapy Staff
Requisition Number: 14-1623540
Under the supervision of the Therapy Manager or Professional Practice Manager, the Senior P.T. examines and provides physical therapy intervention to a diverse patient population. This position can be permanent or rotating but staff at this level demonstrate advanced clinical skills regardless of the service. Assumes administrative duties as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
2. Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries
3. Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
4. Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
5. Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
6. Attends all appropriate conferences, rounds, in-services and meetings
7. Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
8. Attends clinics as assigned.
9. Maintains therapy attendance records, patient charges and statistics.
10.Participates in the supervision of Rehab Patient Care Associates, volunteers, and students
11.Must be a current member of the APTA.
12.Must follow all MSH policies and procedures.
13.Provides an in-service to the Rehabilitation Department annually.
14.Serves as a clinical instructor to students and participates in student lecture development.
15.Attends a minimum of two conferences annually.
16.Participates in research as opportunities permit.
17.Serves as a resource for coverage and assists the Therapy Manager or Professional Practice Manger in operational planning.
18.Maintains productivity expectations specific to each service.
19.Is considered as a primary resource person for coverage and therefore expected to carry an increased caseload at times.
20.Participates as a representative in interdepartmental meetings throughout the hospital.
21.Assists the Therapy Manager/Professional Practice Manager in administrative duties (PI measures, stats, inventory etc)
22.Facilitates weekly P.T. in-service programs at local level.
23.Assists the Therapy Manager/Professional Practice Manager in coverage planning and orientation.
24.Serves as consultant to other staff and participates in mentorship of P.T. staff.
25.Demonstrates leadership responsibility regardless of rotation.
26.Participates in program development as assigned.
27.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred.
Current New York State licensure.
3 years of related experience.
Excellent oral, communications and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate analytical problems solving skills.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.