Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Senior Management Analyst
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 491 - Strategic Planning
Requisition Number: 14-1620670
The Senior Management Analyst provides advanced analytical and project management support, at the highest level utilizing a wide range of state of the art performance improvement methodologies across all administrative and operational functions. Reviews, analyzes and suggests improvements to business and organizational systems to assist senior level management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Conducts organizational studies and evaluations, designs systems and procedures, conducts work simplification and measurement studies and prepares operations and procedures manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports the design and management of quality of care and throughput efforts, by applying and modeling effective methodologies and practices to facilitate organizational change.
2. Leads efforts to implement performance improvement tools and approaches to targeted areas, directly supportive of Medical Center operational and business objectives.
3. Works with senior management to create improvements in order to maximize efficiency.
4. Executes independent and analytical analysis for workflow redesigns. Interviews personnel and conducts on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed and methods, equipments and personnel used.
5. Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods or proceeding. Evaluates and communicates design issues or additional areas for opportunity; resolves problems and offers recommendations.
6. Prepares, reconciles and analyzes highly complex information; performs special studies and develops new processes and procedures. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
7. Documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes.
8. Prepares manuals and performs training implementations to improve processes. Monitors the effectiveness of training and change management activities; modifies training as required.
9. Monitors financial and operational performance of client departments and performs analysis to identify trends and answer specific questions.
10. Monitors project timelines and budgets.
11. Prepares highly complex feasibility studies and business plans to support new business developments.
12. Prepares highly complex Market Research and Analyses, Demand and Supply Analyses, and Demographic Studies to inform and support senior leadership's decision making related to specific initiatives.
13. Advances the organization's ability to meet and exceed key strategic initiatives.
14. Creates reporting tools to simplify and communicate financial and operational objectives. Prepares forecasting models to assist in high-level decision making.
15. Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
16. Updates monthly metrics and reports trends.
17. May document current operations and provide recommendations on new procedures and methods for management.
18. May prepare documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and may present findings and recommendations.
19. May track research grants, and prepare Research Density and Grants Analysis several times a year.
20. Performs other duties as required.
Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Seven years of experience in management or other related field.
Six Sigma certification highly desirable.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.