Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Senior Data Analyst
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 035 - Gastroenterology
Requisition Number: 13-1585482
The Division of Gastroenterology at Mount Sinai Hospital is looking for a fulltime or at least 50% committed part-time data analyst with data management and some web programming skills. The successful candidate will help develop data mart/s for research and dashboards for quality improvement. The position will provide support to explore and learn state-of-the art technologies including big data and BI tools to support data-driven learning healthcare system.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for delivery of reporting, dashboards and database/web based applications. Interacts with business units, project managers and leads to determine application and reporting needs. Maintain existing databases, ETL data from different sources, and analyze, design, and create of new databases. Establish standards, documentation and best practices for SQL. Performs data modeling and database optimization; understand and implement schema. Interpret and write complex SQL queries and stored procedures. Identify, diagnose and resolve database application bottlenecks on production level systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Uses modeling techniques and tools in analyzing and specifying data structure in large and/or complex data sets.
2. Implements best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of the data, the quality of data processes and delivers analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients of the Medical Center.
3. Recommends best practices for data transformations to support the data movement. Defines data migration requirements, gathering, validating and documenting data requirements.
4. Translates, merges, cleans up and/or maps data into conceptual, logical and physical data models.
5. Performs quality assurance; configure the application in the test environment, correct of all defects, complete system integration testing to ensure reasonable performance requirements.
6. Proactively monitors systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints.
7. May access data in the Data Warehouse, as required.
8. Assists faculty and staff with queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval.
9. Designs and writes custom applications needed to ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting of data.
10. Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system.
11. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics and/or related field. Master's degree in relevant field of study preferred
Minimum Related Experience
Five years MS SQL Server database, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS experience required. preferably with some exposure to healthcare environment. Three years C# and/or asp.NET experience preferred. Programming experience with emphasis on designing complex t-SQL that scale well and are optimized for use in a high volume environment preferred. Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture preferred. Diverse technology background required
Minimum Computer Skills
Advanced knowledge of database applications / management, SQL and /or SAS
Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel), Access, Outlook
Experience with SQL relational database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) preferred
Experience in C# and/or asp.NET experience preferred
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent conceptualization, design and analytical skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.