Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Resident Building Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 901 - 50 E 98Th St
Requisition Number: 14-1645150
Resident Building Manager -- This is a non-union building
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Building Operations:
* Manage day-to-day operations of the property while emphasizing a positive response to concerns of tenants and client.
2. * Ensure the timely maintenance of all building operations and systems, including the coordination of preventive maintenance work and establish and monitor and inventory system.
3. * Ensure that all properties pass all surveys, audits, reviews, inspections and violations.
4. * Ensure that all property grounds are walked on a regular basis.
5. * Oversee all maintenance and repair work, including obtaining quotes from vendors, scheduling and coordinating work, maintaining logbooks and reviewing work after completion.
6. * Negotiate all service contracts, including bidding, awarding, and managing building contracts and ensuring that suppliers/service providers are meeting contractual obligations (i.e., HVAC, cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, pest control, critical systems maintenance, etc.).
7. * Respond to building emergencies to coordinate resources and provide appropriate guidance in securing the emergency and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
8. * Oversee construction projects and capital improvements as required.
9. * Review monthly management statements with Property Manager(s) .
10. Supervisory Functions:
* Oversee building staff:
11. * Hire, train, motivate, and evaluate work performance of management staff and building maintenance staff.
12. * Execute disciplinary actions for all employees.
13. * Establish and maintain a productive working environment
14. * Approve and submit weekly payroll, overtime, vacations and all personnel actions.
15. * Supervise the work of outside contractors at the property.
16. * Coordinating Security of building.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
Proficient in English language *Bilingual - optional but not required.
5 - 8 years of residential management experience:.
* Maintenance/Operations experience with a solid knowledge of building systems including, but not limited to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, apartment alterations,
waterproofing, & HVAC
* Must respond to all emergencies - on-call 24 hours.
* Ability to self manage and prioritize;
* Applicant must possess a professional manner and image.
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the board of directors, shareholders and management company;
Fire Safety Director and Standpipe.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.