Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Radiology Support Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 131 - Radiology
Requisition Number: 13-1546226
The Radiology Support Manager oversees the day-to-day human resources and payroll activities of the transportation, registration and medical transcription personnel. Ensures adequate staffing coverage, resolves staff and patient issues and complaints and establishes processes and procedure for the delivery of quality patient care.
1. Manages payroll, human resources transactions and personnel records for the Department of
2. Maintains staffing plans to provide optimum coverage for day-to-day operations. Ensures
adequate staffing for unexpected absences, vacancies and/or emergencies.
3. Establishes and maintains a work environment conducive to efficient delivery of patient care
by effectively resolving operational and staffing issues in an expeditious manner.
4. Investigates, resolves or refers to appropriate person patient complaints and inquiries related to
operating procedures, treatment and payment.
5. Collaborates with colleagues in the review, development and implementation of policies and
procedures related to improving patient care delivery.
6. Coordinates maintenance program for equipment.
7. Performs other related duties.
Associate's Degree in medical transcription or related field or 1 year certification program
Minimum Related Experience
3 years related experience with 1 year in a supervisory and/or leadership role
Minimum Certification Requirements
Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) preferred - Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI)
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated supervisory/leadership skills
Knowledge of medical transcription and terminology
Strong organizational skills and attention to details
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.