Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 743 - Psych/Mental Hlth Nr
Requisition Number: 14-1607808
As a member of the clinical team in the department of Psychiatry, the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapist is responsible for the design, development and implementation of group and individual psychotherapy, the provision of therapeutic and recreational activities, and the maintenance of a therapeutic milieu for psychiatric in-patients or for outpatient clients within the Continuing Day Treatment Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates patients by using professional techniques such as interview, standardized evaluation, projective procedure and non-verbal behavior assessment, in order to determine functional capacities, suitability for group therapies and activities, and de
2. develop course of treatment.
3. Obtains information from medical records, medical staff, and the patients themselves to assess patients' capabilities, needs, and interests
4. Monitors and records patients' progress to ensure that individual treatment goals and objectives are met or revised as appropriate
5. Attends and participates in departmental, unit and team meetings
6. Confers with members of the treatment team to plan and evaluate programming
7. Keeps track of inventory and maintains work space in an organized, hygienic manner consistent with regulatory requirements. Estimates needs for space, supplies, and equipment and responds accordingly
8. Maintains currency in field by review of professional literature on an ongoing basis; participation in professional organizations and attending appropriate conferences
9. Provides task supervision and departmental orientation to interns, students of various disciplines and volunteers. Assists in orientation of staff as assigned
10. Assist in misc. departmental responsibilities, i.e. preparing and delivering presentations to hospital personnel as assigned, providing input into planning and selection of in-service training programs, and submiting monthly statistics regarding caseload
11. group load and clients.
12. Adheres to certification and/or licensing requirements as determined by respective regulatory agencies
13. Performs other related duties as assigned
14. Implements group and individual psychotherapy sessions according to therapeutic design and in consultation with clinical team; adapts departmental treatment plan to meet changing patient needs during the course of treatment
15. Develops, updates and implements Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan with clinical team
16. Prepares patient assessment and progress reports; documents clinical services in medical record; communicates relevant information to clinical team; recommends changes or modifications in therapeutic programming as necessary
17. Participates in ongoing group and/or individual clinical supervision, as arranged by Department Manager per state regulations
18. In consultation with department Manager, appropriately licensed Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapists may take on individual and group clinical supervision responsibilities with respect to therapists practicing under a limited permit
19. Assess patients' emotional, developmental, educational, recreational, and related health care needs. Make outside referrals when indicated. Increase patient and family involvement in the patients' illness/wellness self-management
20. Develop techniques and interventions to help reduce stress, increase adaptive coping, and enhance developmental growth
21. Implements individual or group activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and according to the design of specific programs within the division
22. Prepares and maintains record and case files including documentation such as patients' personal and eligibility information, services provided, narratives of patient contacts and relevant correspondence.
23. Maintains compliance with the content and timeliness of charting requirements as mandated by the hospital and all external regulatory agencies
24. Maintains case management responsibilities of assigned clients. Counsels, refers for services identified as necessary, keeps case notes on progress or lack of same,
25. corresponds and coordinates service with hospital staff, family members and caregivers, and outside agencies involved with patients; instructs other staff on the implementation of treatment plans
26. Attends weekly Patient Rounds to discuss patients' participation in program, provides feedback regarding patients' progress and receives input from the interdisciplinary team, (continued on next line)
27. (including psychiatrists, clinical director, social workers, rehabilitation counselors, etc.)
28. Develops and maintains relationships with community referral sources including but not limited to supportive psychiatric housing, community mental health centers, psychosocial programs, the NYC shelter system, community groups, etc.
29. Participates in ongoing group and/or individual clinical supervision, as arranged by Director of the CDTP per state regulations
Master's degree in a psychiatric rehabilitation discipline (i.e. Creative Arts Therapy, Social Work, Counseling). Candidate must meet educational requirements for licensing in a discipline capable of providing individual and group psychotherapy.
One year unpaid or paid experience working in a psychiatric rehabilitation setting, acute psychiatric experience preferred for inpatient positions. Clinical experience with population specific to unit of assignment (child/adolescent, geriatric, MICA, etc
1. Creative Arts Therapy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.