Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
PROJECT MANAGER I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 062 - FPA Admin
Requisition Number: 14-1630086
The Project Manager oversees the operational aspects and scope of a specific project, creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources and assigns individual responsibilities. Effectively applies project methodology and enforces standards while ensuring quality assurance procedures. A Project by definition must have a timeline with a beginning and end date and differs from a business cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
2. Develops a budget for the project and is responsible for the allocation of resources.
3. Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project(s).
4. Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project met. May contribute to the performance evaluation of the employees associated with the project scope and may evaluate vendors and consultants and their effectiveness and ability to deliver as promised.
5. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
6. Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
7. Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
8. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, including consultants and other outside vendors.
9. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
10. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
11. Will oversee the participating members of the project to ensure communication is timely and accurate, and that the project needs are met, including documentation for the project.
12. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred
5 years of relevant experience; project management experience preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.